Magellan Explorer’s Indoor Air Purification Technology & Healthy Onboard Environment
Magellan Explorer has bi-polar ionization indoor air technology onboard to improve health and wellness for its guests and teams.
In light of the current pandemic and our commitment to providing a comfortable and healthy onboard experience to our guests, we installed AtmosAir Solutions bi-polar ionization indoor air technology on our ship Magellan Explorer.
This technology helps improve health and wellness on board and features AtmosAware, a cloud-based, real-time indoor air quality environment monitoring system.
Features & Benefits
With this new onboard technology, there are several benefits for our guests and teams on our ship Magellan Explorer:
- The bi-polar ionization technology acts as a continuous disinfectant that removes contaminants from the air and surfaces in interiors from bow-to-stern.
- Bi-polar ionization tubes installed in the ship’s HVAC systems will suppress the formation of microorganisms and reduce pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and mold.
- Bi-polar ionization tubes reduce odors and harmful or irritating volatile organic compounds.
- Bi-polar ionization technology is also effective in helping reduce the spread of coronavirus in the air and on surfaces.
- Tests performed by Microchem Laboratory, one of the world’s preeminent laboratories for testing sanitizing products registered by the EPA and FDA, confirmed that the presence of coronavirus was reduced by 99.92 percent within 30 minutes of exposure to AtmosAir’s BPI technology in a contained space.
“As pioneers of the fly-cruise model to Antarctica, our philosophy is to bring evidence-based adaptable and sustainable solutions to our operations,” said Diana Galimberti, Executive Vice President, Operations and Product Antarctica21. “We approached today’s new challenges with this same philosophy. Partnering with AtmosAir Solutions allows us to focus on providing once-in-a-lifetime trips to Antarctica while knowing we have another important layer of protection for our crew, staff, and travelers.”
“We are delighted to partner with Antarctica21,” said Steve Levine, President and CEO of AtmosAir Solutions. “Safety and wellbeing are key to regaining confidence in the entire cruise industry. Our bi-polar ionization technology adds a significant layer of protection and will give Magellan Explorer customers confidence in the air they breathe by creating a clean and sanitized indoor environment throughout the entirety of the ship.”
V.Ships Leisure SAM, a Ship Management Company, proposed the AtmosAir Solution BPI technology to Antarctica21 and facilitated the onboard installation.
About AtmosAir Solutions
AtmosAir Solutions of Fairfield, Connecticut, provides clean, green indoor air purification technology for commercial and residential buildings, hospitals, healthcare and assisted living facilities, hotels, casinos, cruise lines, universities, professional sports teams, and sports facilities.
AtmosAir Solutions’ patented Bi-Polar Ionization Technology (BPI) improves wellbeing, makes buildings more sustainable, lowers their operating costs, and acts as a continuous disinfectant that removes contaminants from the air and surfaces in interiors.
The company’s BPI technology reduces energy emissions and consumption and does not generate ozone or other toxic by-products. It also suppresses microorganisms and pathogens in the air and on the surface, including viruses, bacteria, and mold, and reduces odors as well as unhealthy and irritating volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
AtmosAir Solutions’ BPI technology is also highly effective in minimizing the spread of coronaviruses in the air and on surfaces.
For more information visit: www.atmosair.com
Download the Ultimate Guide
This essential guide includes:
- Insider information on flights to Antarctica
- The pros and cons of sailing and flying to Antarctica
- Weather information and detailed flight statistics
- Expert tips to consider before booking
Doing research for your trip? You can’t miss this guide!
Ready to Start Planning?
Antarctica is like no other place on Earth and we invite you to explore it with us. Complete this short form to receive a customized quote from our team and start planning your Antarctic air-cruise today!