During the 2022-23 season, Antarctica21 will operate trips that start and/or end in Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands (Malvinas); Ushuaia in Argentina; and Punta Arenas in Chile.
Many of the travel restrictions that were in place during the pandemic have been lifted. Below is an overview of the entry requirements that are in place for each country as of the indicated date. Updates will be posted as needed should the entry requirements be relaxed further.
Entry Requirements for Chile
Requirements for International travelers who don’t reside permanently in Chile:
– Travelers must complete the c19.cl online form no more than 48 hours prior to boarding the flight to Chile.
– Travelers must be covered by a medical travel insurance policy that provides at least $30,000 USD in coverage, including Covid-related charges.
– Travelers may be selected randomly for a PCR or antigen Covid-19 test at the entry point.
– Travelers should obtain a “Mobility Pass,” a Chilean document that validates international vaccinations. Although the pass is not required to enter Chile, it is required to access many public spaces, including airplanes for domestic flights, restaurants, museums, etc. The pass processing time is up to 48 hours. The application can be made here: https://mevacuno.gob.cl/
Although it’s not a requirement, the Chilean authorities recommend travelers take a Covid-19 diagnostic test before traveling to Chile.
Complete information is available at Chile.Travel.
Last update: June 6, 2022
Entry Requirements for Argentina
Requirements for International travelers who don’t reside permanently in Argentina:
– Travelers must complete the online travel affidavit no more than 48 hours prior to boarding the flight to Argentina.
– Travelers must be covered by medical travel insurance, including Covid-19 coverage for hospitalization, isolation, and/or medical transfer services.
– Travelers with an incomplete vaccination scheme are recommended to undergo a diagnostic test within 24 hrs. of entering Argentina.
– If a positive or suspected Covid-19 case is detected or reported at the entry point, a Contingency Plan will be activated.
Complete information is available at https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones/ddjj-migraciones.
Last update: April 7, 2022
Entry Requirements for the Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
No Covid-19 related restrictions apply for entry into the Falkland Islands. No proof of vaccination nor a negative Covid test result is required for entry.
As of July 2, 2022, LATAM airlines will restart its Saturday flights between Santiago / Punta Arenas and the Falkland Islands.
Travelers should note that airlines may request proof of Covid-19 vaccination or a negative PCR / Antigen test as a condition for travel. Travelers should check directly with their carriers.
More information is available at https://www.falklands.gov.fk/covid-19/travel/southbound.
Last update: June 8, 2022
Covid-19 Prevention Measures
While many of the restrictions imposed during the Covid-19 pandemic have now been lifted, Antarctica21 continues to work on offering travel experiences that are as safe as possible.
Our operational philosophy brings together rigorous analysis, robust protocols, and flexible procedures. By following the direction of health authorities and cruise industry guidelines, we have created a set of Covid-19 prevention measures applicable to the 2022-23 season.
Based on the evolution of the pandemic, these measures may need to be updated. Any applicable changes will be communicated in a Pre-Voyage Note that will be distributed two weeks prior to the trip’s start date or earlier, as needed.